Saturday, November 21, 2009

A New Perspective on Birthdays…

Me Knows Better Than to Say This… but I will. While traveling it is interesting to hear people’s views about many subjects… even if they are wrong. Oh, don’t get the wrong impression, I didn’t create any international incidents here in France, but I did find it humorous about the perspective people have… Take this as an example. I found it quite funny as it was spoken so truthfully by a young French woman.



It was disclosed during lunch by her friends, and much to her embarrassment, that over the weekend she had celebrated her birthday. Everyone at the table was making a big deal of it and I could see that she didn’t want to talk about it. But eventually she provided a few details to satisfy the requests of her co-workers.


In a sheepish tone she started, “Oh, I didn’t really do anything special on my birthday… I just went to the south of France.”

Me thinks that sounds kind of boring too… Mediterranean, Monte Carlo, Nice, The Beaches… doesn’t sound like anything special to me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment