Monday, November 2, 2009

Life is Good in Italy

Me Knows Better Than to Say This… but I will. Life is good in Italy if you don’t need a phone, TV or the Internet. Jimmy dropped off his bags in his hotel room and had to return to the front desk to ask about the phone… or lack thereof. “Can I call out from my room?”

The hotel clerk responded, “Si, si… you can use-a the phone-a in the room-a.”

“But sir, there is no phone in my room… just bare wires sticking out of the wall.”

“No phone-a in the room-a?”

“Yes, just wires.”

“Oh, si, si… sorry then… no phone-a.”

“How about the TV?”

“Si, si… TV in room-a.”

“Yes, I know. TV in room sitting on table, but no way to turn it on.”

“Use-a the remote control-a.”

“But the problem is there is no remote control and no controls on the TV itself. It just stays black.”

“Si, si… sorry. Perhaps when you get back-a to da room-a… you a call-a house keeping about-a the remote control-a?”

“Uh… like I said… no phone. Oh, don’t worry, I’ll just go back to my room and work on the internet.”

“Oh seniora… internet only available across-a da street-a… at restaurant-a.”

“Grazie. I’ll just go over there in my pajamas.”

“Si, si…”

Jimmy decided to have a chocolatta cappuccino to stay up since, besides no alarm clock in the room, how could I get a wake up call? Life is good without electronic stimuli. This is a laid back country. No need for all that messy stuff like worka.

No comments:

Post a Comment