Thursday, September 10, 2009

Phenomenal Growth of Followers

Me knows better than to say this... but I will. I know I might jinx this blog by commenting on the phenomenal growth of followers, but I am proud to announce that we have had an approximate 100% growth rate over the last week according to my Iowa math.

Now for those of you that are calculating in your head, the followers doubled, from one to two... which after several iterations of gazinatas (a reference of 'goes into' from the Hillbillies for those that haven't run across that question in Trivial Pursuit)... this math produces the 100% increase. Whoo hoo!

You see, my wife was commenting about the historically low number of followers on the site and I reminded her that she should just sign up as a show of support for her husband. Then came the comment that I found almost hard to take... yet it was exactly what I would have said having been the model of efficiency throughout my lifetime. She suggested, "Wouldn't it be easier if you just told me what you were going to write?"

Now how can anyone argue with that logic... that was my first thought. Then another thought popped in as I was thinking in my head... "It is so much easier to be cynical to you when I write rather than just saying things out loud." But that comment would not have come out with the love and empathy that any male would have intended... so I told her that I would show her how easy it was to sign up and become a follower of this blog. I didn't have the heart to mention to her that she could also just check the boxes at the bottom for easier comments... but then she would actually have to read to the bottom of the blog entry to see it.

As it turned out, she didn't have the time to join... or perhaps the willingness to go that far, but she did say that I could push the button and sign her up if it meant that much to me. Now that's the spirit for which I was looking. It actually was pretty easy and for those of you that haven't become followers... the other one in my family that is... just click the button on the left side of the screen (Follow with Google Friend Connect) and sign up with with either your Gmail, AIM, or other account name (there are quite a few options listed)... it's that easy.

Of course with an additional follower that would only drive me up with a measly 50% gain... again if I'm doing my Iowa math correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment