Saturday, December 31, 2011

Jimmy Says Farewell - It's an End of an Era

Me Knows Better Than to Say This... but I will.  Yes, I know, it's an end of an era... a sad day... a farewell of sorts.  I know most of you were hoping that the blog finally bit the dust... but no - something even more somber for some, and a celebration for most in my household.  No.  It's not the end of the year that some are thinking... but on the same level, it is a moment of reflection of past glory and yet the anticipation of a solid future on which to build - a comfort beyond any measure for Jimmy.

Yes, you guessed it - my wife's nemesis is finally being tossed.  The glory days are over for the old sweatshirt.


(A fitting memorial is planned.  I may have to fold it into a triangle and send it to the VFW for proper disposal.  I'll miss you old friend).  



Some might ask... why?  You see the glory days are back.  My wife gave me the greatest gift - HALLELUJAH - a new sweatshirt to replace my compatriot.  She's the best.  Thanks hon.  I'll treasure it and keep it for as long as I had the first...

Yes I know, I can't wear it to bed...  OK no wearing it to church.  But I insist that on days I wear it, you can't make spaghetti or anything with red sauce.  







PS.  Right now I kinda feel bad about getting you those Pajama Jeans.









No comments:

Post a Comment